Chandigarh Amateur Cycling Association


The Chandigarh Amateur Cycling Association is non government sports organisation. It was founded in 1980 and got registered in the year 1988 by city cyclists and sports lovers in Chandigarh.
The mission of Chandigarh Amateur Cycling Association is:
to develop and promote all aspects of cycling
without discrimination of any kind
in close collaboration with all states and National and International sports organisation      
By all aspects of cycling we mean:
Sports and its natural and universal values of competition, efforts and character building
Well being and fair play
A Healthy form of recreation as tourism and leisure
An economic, ecological and environmentally friendly transport that helps to solve the mobility problem of modern society.

CYCLING
          Cycling is an endurance sport which requires courage, perseverance, a fighting spirit and going beyond one’s limitations both at an individual and collective level which can be practiced throughout the year at any place.
          The features which have contributed to the worldwide development and spread of the bicycle are its extraordinary simplicity, cost-effectiveness and ease of use.
From sociological point of view, as a utilitarian and recreational means of transport, the bicycle has given its users a sense of freedom and helped create a movement which has led to the considerable renown and popular success which cycle sport enjoys.
          One of the oldest means of mechanized transport.
          A recreational activity which encourages well-being and relaxation.

Comments

AEO said…
I absolutely agree with the views expressed in this article on cycling. Three years ago I was diagnosed to be suffering from diabetes. Since then I have been cycling to my office (from Sector 42, Chd to Sector 67, Mohali)every day. I am enjoying not only good health but my sugar levels are normal. The point to be noted is that I am not taking any medication for diabetes. It is due to a proper diet and primarily due to cycling that I have been able to enjoy a healthy life style. I am 51 years old and last year it gave me immense pleasure when I went to my tailor to ask him to tighten the waist of my trousers as I had lost so much weight due to cycling! I work as COO of an American company at the IT Park in Mohali. I would be happy to share my ideas and experiences with anyone who wants to enjoy good health. Thank you. Narinder.
Anonymous said…
So heartening to read your comments I am 52 and have diabetes and want to achieve normal sugar levels without medication have been cycling but not regularly will do so after reading your comments, just wanted to know how many Kim's you clock everyday Devika
Ravin Sing said…
HI Sir

I am 46 years old and a chief engineer in merchant navy,i have two sons, all of us are keen cyclists and have fire fox bicycles, we would love to join chandigarh ametuer cycling assosiation, but unable to find the contact number and we dont know whom to contact, please help us in doing so. my email address is ravinsing@yahoo.com. I have written few emails to you but they have gone unanswered.
Thanks in advance
Ravin sing
akash said…
Hello Sir,
Akash here, I already participated in number of cyclones in our city & near by. We all request you to please make a cycle trip nr. Chandigarh. So that we can continue & in-touch with our cycling. You already have our email ids.
waliaakashwalia@yahoo.com